Sunday, September 20, 2009

Slurpy Spicy Noodles

My body is thrashed from week two of marathon training, P is hunting in my favorite Wyoming prairie, and I am working hard hard hard on being worthy of being paid to go to school. All of which means that lately I require serious nourishment. And who doesn't feel better after slurping hot, spicy, slippery asian noodles?

Rice stick noodles
Orange pepper (I go with one pepper and one bunch of green onions per person you are serving)
Green onions
Thai curry powder (or really any curry powder, or paste)
Red pepper flakes
Garlic
Peanut oil or wok oil
Soy sauce (if you are gluten free and can't easily find gluten free soy sauce, you can just skip this)

Mince two or three cloves of garlic, and begin cooking on high heat in peanut oil. Add in thinly sliced orange pepper and green onions (slice both lengthwise). Dust the vegetables with the curry powder and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Put the noodles on to boil. Throw it all together, add more curry powder and a touch of soy sauce, and slurp happily away.

We also make this with snow peas and lime and crushed peanuts, and we might try it this week with thinly sliced pieces of antelope. Since I'll have 24 pounds of it on my hands upon P's return.

No comments:

Post a Comment