Monday, September 7, 2009

Roasted Fall Vegetables with Spaghetti Squash and Refried Butter Beans

Although the weather is not even hinting towards fall in this inferno of a city, I've moved onto fall foods, starting with pumpkin oats on Saturday (certified gluten free of course -- now found at Safeway!), cornmeal arepas on Sunday, and now the ultimate roasted goodness with squash.

Tonight, I loosely followed the plan for these roasted veggies and butter beans from the goddess of all things non-gluten, Karina at Karina's Kitchen. I roasted brussel sprouts (not a fall vegetable I know, but they were green and cute), cauliflower, carrots, sweet onions, and garlic with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sage and salt. Served over spaghetti squash with a side of melty and creamy refried butter beans, which were cooked with more sage and garlic, it was enough to make me believe I was enjoying a chilly Wyoming fall evening.

And pssstttt, don't tell, but I mashed some cream cheese into the beans to increase their creaminess. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment