Saturday, September 5, 2009

Lemon Chicken Pasta

Like I said, I'm a huge fan of lemon. This particular recipe has been a work in progress for quite awhile, and I think I finally perfected it this summer.

While boiling penne, season a chicken breast or two with lemon pepper, salt, lemon zest, rosemary and thyme (fresh if possible). Cook in a frying pan with lemon juice and water. Once water has boiled off, finish with a bit of olive oil to brown chicken. Toss with pasta and top off with the juice of 2-3 lemons and olive oil to taste. Warm the lemons in the microwave for about 5 seconds to get the most juice out of them. Add parmesan cheese if desired.

5 comments:

  1. I think the lemon thing is genetic... I bet it's the single most common ingredient here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annalise,
    Thanks for inviting me to view your blog! Looks like you've contributed some good recipes. I'm also excited to see what your sisters contribute, especially with the gluten free as we like to feed people and some people in our lives require gluten free :)
    Grace and Peace,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Melissa you are our first non-family viewer! Thank you. If you ever have g-free questions, feel free to leave me a message here and I will do what I can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Katelyn! I just might take you up on that offer. You can thank Annalise for me being the first non-family viewer - she gave me the link and I have a thing for cooking and for blogs - so this is right up my alley (especially since I know one of the contributors)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. Sisters, I is slightly embarrassed that this blog started while I was in college and these are the sorts of contributions I used to make. My, how far I've come.

    ReplyDelete