Monday, September 7, 2009

Rustic Tomato Sauce with Peaches & White Beans

My portion of this blog so far might aptly be re-titled "Seven Million Ways to Eat Tomatoes and Peaches, Or, An Ode to Colorado Summer." The most recent iteration:


1. Chop a medium onion and slice up 6 cloves of garlic. Sweat these in a saucepan in just a little olive oil and a pinch of sugar.

2. Add the following:
6 sundried tomatoes, torn into chunks, and about 1 TBSP of their oil
10 or so small-to-medium, meaty summer tomatoes, chopped in large chunks
2 large juicy peaches, also chopped
Half a can of white beans for protein and texture (I used great northerns), drained and rinsed

3. Turn it all up to high and get 'er boiling - the tomatoes and peaches will produce plenty of liquid. I tasted at this point and the flavor was shockingly good already, so all I had to do next was...

4. Add a generous splash of good balsamic, a pinch more sugar, and salt to taste. Thicken with a teaspoon or two of corn starch (first dissolved in water, then added to the sauce).

I served this over farmer's market ravioli with corn on the cob. I <3 vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment