Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cottage Cheese Muffins with Sun-Dried Tomatoes

This recipe for muffins formed around ground almonds, cottage cheese, and savory add-ins like basil, olive oil, and sun-dried tomatoes is wonderful. It came from Heidi at 101 Cookbooks, one of our favorite sites which we link to on the side of this page.



The recipe calls for 1/4 cup of flour. She suggested soy flour, I think I used brown rice flour. I wouldn't use a nut or bean flour since they already have a denser base with the nuts in them. If you aren't worried about gluten, an oat or whole wheat flour would be fine.

Also, I used almond meal, rather than ground almonds, because I had it on hand. The recipe calls for 1 cup of finely ground almonds, but if you are using almond meal I would recommend a heaping 3/4 cup or so rather than doing a 1-1 conversion.

I would guess that one muffin has between 12-15 grams of protein and very few grams of sugar, making for a good post-workout snack or protein fix for vegetarians.

No comments:

Post a Comment