Sunday, January 31, 2010

Adzuki Beans with Squash and Apple-Miso Vinaigrette

After dinner Saturday night I went and joined up with some people at a bar. If you go dancing and do it right (read: so much dancing there's only time for one drink), you wake up hungry enough to eat a horse.... or, in my case, a.... toforse?

Anyway, looking for a nice substantial dinner, I eyed my lineup of grains and legumes, and scolded myself for letting them sit in their pretty jars for months on end.


So, the remedy for hunger + legume guilt:

Cooked up about 1 cup of lil' red adzuki beans (this takes over an hour), and roasted an acorn squash and an apple in the oven - not too soft - in just a little butter.

Chopped those, mixed 'em into the beans, threw in a handful of well-chopped walnuts for crunch, and added a dressing of:

Miso
Apple cider vinegar
Sugar
Salt
Olive oil
Tiny dollop of garlic paste

Nutty, sweet, tangy, and hearty. Mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment