Sunday, September 26, 2010

September Cookies



I am mildly sad that I decided to make these using a box mix as a base, and not to measure any of my own contributions, because that certainly makes it harder to share them with you. They are lovely. The best I can do is tell you to take a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, add about 1/4 cup of oat bran flour, 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree, 3 tablespoons of molasses, and a lot of cinnamon. Or, alternately, do all of the above to a Betty Crocker gluten free chocolate chip cookie mix. Because really people, we're all busy and sometimes measuring out millet flour and coconut flour and almond flour and xantham gum and guar gum and oh don't forget the potato starch--it's a damn drag.

2 comments:

  1. Mm! and also: Ha! sounds like a damn drag. I've been meaning to make some more pumpkin-based stuff. Instead I just keep making pumpkin pie using the Libby's Pumpkin recipe (except doubling the cinnamon) and eating it ALL. THE. TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made one-a these: http://todayicooked.blogspot.com/2009/09/tangy-peach-pie.html

    She's still in the oven, but smells promising!

    ReplyDelete