Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July Pie

Last summer, I did a terrible thing. I made lots of pies and I never shared them on this little bloggy.

Luckily, it's never too late to share a recipe, so just in time for you to run to the store and get ingredients  to whip up the most fitting dessert for tomorrow's holiday (or, really, any holiday at all), I'll start to share them.

Last year on the Fourth I threw together a quick, easy and patriotic pie.  It's more giant-pile-of-berries-and-cream-and-crust that I made look pretty, but it's so worth it.  5 steps to messy, good-looking magic.

Ingredients:
1 pre-baked pie crust
Extra pie dough for cutouts
6 cups blueberries and strawberries, sugared (raspberries could work, too)
Whipping cream
Vanilla extract



The Steps:
  1. Toss cleaned and hulled berries in sugar.
  2. Whip up some cream. 
  3. Pour berries into baked pie shell.
  4. Top with whipped cream.
  5. Cut out star shapes from extra dough, bake and coat with cinnamon sugar.  Place on whipped cream.


Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment