Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gin for Wimps (aka Lemon Honey Fizz!)

So, I don't think anyone will be upset if I let slip that we are not known for holding our liquor in this family.  (One of the best voicemails I ever got was from a certain sister who shall go unnamed, smashed to the point of helpless laughter on... a single margarita.)

Anyhoo, the reason I am telling you all this:  Our mom (whose birthday is today!  <3 ) made her way down to Denver to visit me for Easter weekend, and she came bearing a drink recipe.  The ingredients were lovely, but I could tell at a glance that I was gonna be adjusting the ratios.  So here are two versions:  The recipe she brought, for normal folk, and the one we made, for people who are related to us, former nuns who have recently gone civilian, and so forth.

Normal People:

4 oz gin (about 1/2 cup)
1.5 oz freshly squeezed lemon
1 oz honey sauce

(To make honey sauce:  Bring equal parts honey & water to a simmer, stir till honey is dissolved.)

Mix over ice in cocktail mixer; strain; serve.

Nuns Etc.:

4 oz gin
3 oz freshly squeezed lemon
3 oz honey sauce

Mix over ice in cocktail mixer; strain; fill glass to brim with fizzy water just to make SURE you don't taste that gin.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment