I adapted this from an epicurious recipe for homemade ravioli w/ arugula & goat cheese in the middle. Fat chance, epicurious.
You'll notice that there aren't many measurements. I think we're all big girls here.
Pasta w/ Arugula & Goat Cheese:
Turn on the tunes. As you proceed with the recipe, make sure to insert a few sweet dance moves and sing along with a chorus or two. This is not part of the recipe. It just makes you happier.
Start your water boiling for pasta. Salt &/or oil your water if that's what you do. I didn't.
When the water's boiling, insert pasta (I prefer fettuccine but pretty much any kind'll work) and cook it. Set your timer if you're that sort of person. I am.
- Tear your arugula to bits! Best to do this first or you'll end up w/ burnt butter, and then SJP would say SHAME!
- Melt 1T-ish butter (or fat of choice) in big frying pan on medium.
- After bubbling subsides, add a couple cloves of garlic, lightly mashed but not in tiny bits, + S&P. Saute until garlic is golden, then remove (we're just flavoring the butter here, people, not scaring away the potential smoochers lined up at the door).
- Add arugula bits! Saute until limp but not dead.
- Remove the pan from heat and put the arugula in the bowl you plan to eat out of.
- Add a couple T of goat cheese and shred some parmesan on there too.
- Squeeze in a lemon wedge. Please do not airily dismiss the lemon like you just don't care. It is critical. Plus it will keep away the dread scurvy.
When the pasta's done, strain it and dump it on top of arugula/cheese mixture. Mix w/ fork.
Insert into mouth, chew, swallow, digest, excrete.