Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Seaweed Chips

Cleaning out the kitchen cupboards today, I found a forgotten packet of nori sheets. When faced with excess nori, there is only one thing to do, people: Toast in a heated skillet till they shrivel and lighten in color, to a shimmery translucent green like a mermaid's tail. Then cut into squares with a pair of kitchen scissors.

This will leave you with crispy, melt-in-your-mouth bites that you will barely see on account of how fast you will gobble them. (Even better, toss in a plastic bag with a little sesame oil and sea salt.) Eat your sea vegetables!!

(By the way, I think I stole this idea from Mark Bittman a long time back, but it's become such a habit that I can't be sure....)

1 comment:

  1. oh man, I totally have these in my cupboards too. thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete